In case of a “crisis” contact us at one of the following numbers:
- Hancock or Brooke Counties – (304) 217-3050
- Ohio or Marshall Counties – (304) 234-3583
- Wetzel or Tyler Counties – (304) 455-3622
If you are not currently a Northwood patient, but would like to be seen for an initial evaluation, you may be eligible for a “walk-in” appointment1. You can locate a clinic near you here.
Scheduling, Cancelling, and Rescheduling
If you are already a patient and are calling to schedule, reschedule, or cancel an appointment, please follow these steps:
- In Hancock and Brooke counties, call (304) 217-3050
- In Ohio County, call (304) 234-7777
- In Marshall County, call (304) 845-3000
- In Wetzel County, call (304) 455-3622
- Press “2” to schedule an appointment if calling between 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. You will be routed to a scheduler.
- Press “8884” if calling outside normal business hours. You will be routed to a voicemail box where you can leave a message. Messages will be returned during normal business hours on the next business day.
The scheduler will ask a few basic questions.
- The scheduler will ask if your call is an emergency situation.
- If it is, the scheduler will connect you with a clinician so you can immediately be assessed over the phone.
- If it is not, then the scheduler may ask a few additional questions, and you will be scheduled for an appointment at a time and location convenient for you.
1Your ability to be seen on a “walk-in” basis depends upon whether permitted by your insurance coverage, as described below:
WV Medicaid: Those with WV Medicaid Traditional or WV Medicaid Health Plan may simply “walk in” Monday through Friday (from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm) to be assessed by the first available clinician.
Charity: Those who are going to apply for Financial Assistance may also “walk-in” Monday through Friday (from 8:00 AM to 4:00 pm) to be assessed but should bring with them proof of residency, proof of family income and dependents, and proof of Medicaid denial for the financial assistance application.
Traditional Medicare or Highmark of WV: Those who have these insurances may be able to “walk in” to be assessed Monday through Friday (from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM) but require clinicians who are specifically credentialed for their insurance. Non-emergent cases may need to be “scheduled” as opposed to simply walking in.